Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Basteltraum's Challenge #51 Easter / Dots & Polka Dots



Hello, crafty friend!

I am totally in the mood for spring, what about you? The weather we had in the last days helped too to get my mood into the direction of Easter... well, in a month we are there! So how about to start with Easter cards?? Today, the new Basteltraum's challenge has started and it is all about Easter, dots and polka dots. You can combine both or pick just one theme - this is totally up to you!

As I am a big fan of polka dots, I combined the two themes. I used mostly Lawn Fawn products. That cute stamp set is an older one called "Eggstra special easter" . I looove the pun with the "earresitible" part - it matches so perfectly to that chocolate bunny which has a bite in its ear :-D

I colored everything with my Copic markers and added some super thin eyelashes to the bunny (with a Copic proof black liner, 0.05 point tip).

First, I sponged a nice sky with a selfmade stencil (made with a "Puffy cloud border die"). I used distress ink "tumbled glass".

For the ground I used the "Grassy border" and cut it out from polka dotted patterned paper, which is also from Lawn Fawn. And to finish the card, I added a frame with the "Stitched Rectangle Frames" to finish off the design, together with a few shiny sequins from my stash.

I hope my card inspired you and you play along with us - see you there!

Hugs,




4 comments

  1. Eine wunderhübsche Karte und Polka-Dots gehen bekanntlich ja fast immer:-)
    Heitere Grüsse Britta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Britta! Ja, das stimmt... wirklich einfach immer :-)) Liebgruss und eine gute Woche!!

      Delete
  2. This stamp set is so cute Tina! I also love the pun with the bunny's ear. Your card is beautiful and I've been meaning to try that technique for the clouds too! Thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dennice! Oh yes! It is so easily made and those clouds look always pretty for backgrounds! Hugs to your way! xoxo

      Delete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.