Monday, August 15, 2022

Basteltraum's Challenge #116: Into the Woods

 






Hello everyone!


Summer is still in its full glory (yes omg, we are having the next heat wave around here 😆​ ) so I was not able to create something that goes into the fall-ish direction, althoug the this month's theme on basteltraum's blog is "into the woods" might totally indicate that :-) But if you are in the autumn mood already, go for it :-))

So my inspiration was a night sky I saw lately in real, it had such beautiful purple shades! I simply had to recreate it :-)

I sponged some different shades of purple and black onto a piece of watercolor cardstock (you find all the colors and cardstock at the very end of this post) and spritzed some water for lifting up a bit of the ink. I let it dry for a moment, then I splattered some white liquid watercolor ink (I used ecoline ink) on it while covering most of the panel with some copy paper. I cut an uneven line to mimic a milky way... you might take a look on my snapshots for better instructions, hehe :-)

Then I added some more white stars in the night sky with a Posca marker. Let it dry for a while, it's worth it. Otherwise the paint will smear.

Then I painted freely some pine tree silhouettes over it. Begin the the stem, then add the branches by tapping the paint brush very slightly back and forth. I used regular black acrylic paint for this, nothing fancy :-) 

The sentiment "Birthday wishes" (it was promotional stamp sold with a Big Shot machine) is heat embossed with a very fine detailed embossing powder.



I hope you got inspired and will give this round a try! I cannot wait to see your creation over at basteltraum's blog!



Happy crafting!





Products I used:




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.