Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Basteltraum's Challenge #122: Color Scheme

 



Hi, crafty friends!


Time is flying again and another monthly challenge has started over at bastel-traum's blog. This time, it is all about a specific color scheme but it has SO many colors included, you can literally go wild!!

I used a pine forest layering stencil from Altenew to create my focal point. The softer colors in the background are made with dye inks, the dark one in the foreground is made with distress oxide to get a bold, opaque look. The sky is also brushed on with some dye ink. So how did I create the splatters? Well, not with water, obviously :-) But there is a great product called "brush ex". It contains a bit of bleaching agent and with this the color will immediately disappear where the droplets hit the paint on the paper - it's like magic! Much faster that with distress colors and water. This also can be used with watercolors by the way. I simply love that stuff :-)

Except of the sentiments, everything on the card is on one layer. The sentiment "love" is a super old one by Sizzix and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I put an alternative down below in the supplies list. And the tiny "Sending" is simply made on my computer and laser printed onto thick paper. Then I cut it into a thin line and brushed on some dye ink to match the color with the rest of the card.


I hope you will play along with us - there are always great prizes to win and - most important of all - a lot of fun to join!


Happy crafting!







Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.