Saturday, January 15, 2022

Basteltraum's Challenge #109 with Hearts




Hello everyone!


First of all, I am wishing a very happy and healthy new year! I hope you are all well and spent some relaxing days over the holidays!

So let's start the latest challenge hosted by Basteltraum with hearts, shall we!! 


For my project, I chose to create a newborn baby card. Most of the products are by Mama Elephant, you will find the links down below at the very end.


First, I colored some mammoths with my Copic markers. Then I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.


Then I cut a scene panel out of some watercolor cardstock. I wasn't sure in this stage if I will color in some parts of it. Obviously I didn't at the end :-)


Then I cut a second panel slightly smaller then the scene panel, also from watercolor cardstock and brushed it with Distress Oxide ink (tumbled glass). Then I used the Hearts stencil over it and brushed again with the same color. Some spritzes of Liquid Stardust finished off my background panel. After it was completely dry, I glued both pieces together. But only at the edges, all inner parts were still free. I wasn't sure where to put the images yet.


Then I cut out the name of the baby (Emil) out of kraft cardstock with big die letters. I used a heart diecut instead of the regular dot above the letter "i".


Now it was time to place all pieces on my panel. For that, I always place them first without glueing and then I took a photo to remember myself where to put everything after removing it from the panel. At the end, I felt like I need a few more hearts. So I diecut some teeny tiny hearts and placed them above the mammoths. A bit of ice stickles (diamond) finished off the whole card. I think it turned out pretty cute and makes a warm welcome to baby boy Emil :-)


I hope you got inspired and will play along with us over on Basteltraums Blog!


See you over there and - most importantly - happy crafting!



Big hugs,






1 comment

  1. That card is a gift of love to the little one and his mother.... beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.