Saturday, May 15, 2021

Basteltraum's Challenge #101: Water

 


Hello everyone!


We are in the middle of May already and spring is in its full bloom! This already lets me think of summer, sun, beach and sea... I think that's probably why I got inspired for my card for this month's challenge over at Bastel-Traum's blog - a colorful underwater scene with a swarm of fishies, yay!

I colored my fishies with chameleon pens. I love these markers because you only need a handful to achieve a beautiful blend between the colors! After coloring, I fussy cut (yes, I truly did :-)) all the fishes on its outlines.

For the background, I heat embossed first my sentiment with white embossing powder and brushed a bunch of distress oxides onto a watercolor cardstock panel (the heat embossed sentiment is resistent to the oxides, it won't get stained). I used Cracked Pistachio Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire. For the finish, I used some Distress Micro glaze to make the surface permanent and sealed against water or new layers of moist color. I waited a while to make sure the glaze had absorbed a bit. 

I wanted to add some sunrays that breaks into the water from above. For that, I used some white pigment ink and sunray stencil. I slightly dabbed some ink over the glazed panel (the glaze will prevent that the white ink will stain with the distress oxide color when applying!)

After that, I glued all my fishies onto the panel with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive (it's my favorite liquid glue, I like it even more than Tombo Mono Multi glue!). Voilà, there you have a colorful underwater scene! :-)



I hope you got inspired and will play along with us - see you there over at Bastel-Traum's blog!


Happy crafting,







1 comment

  1. Boah... Tina... Die Karte ist echt der Hammer... Danke vielmals für Deine Inspiration. Ganz liebe Grüsse Ute

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.