Monday, February 15, 2021

Basteltraum's Challenge #98 Birthday


 


Hello, my crafty friends!


This month's challenge over at Bastel-Traum's blog is all about birthdays, yay! There is a special reason why - Bastel-Traum turns 7!! Wohoo, congratulations! And here's to many more successful years of spreading joy in the crafting community!! 🎉🎉🎉


So my inspriation for you got inspired by someone else - Nichol Spohr. I adore her talent for years now and watch here and then her cardmaking videos on YouTube. For this card, I tried her technique with stencil layering, which I really love! You might check her video if you are interested in.

The background is stenciled with Distress inks (wilted violet, picked raspberry, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn and tumbled glass) and a curved border stencil. After that I went over it with a second stencil with stars. I love love love how this turned out! 

I used a big sentiment die by Mama Elephant and cut it out of my background panel. Then I diecut two extra pieces out of white cardstock to raise up the whole sentiment and glued layer by layer back into the spot.

Then I stamped the cats and dogs (these are two older sets by Mama Elephant called "Playful pups" and "Purrfect Pair") with Versafine ink and colored them with Karin Brushmarkers and its blender. I love how easily they are to work with!! I arranged the images first and figured out how they should be arranged until I was happy and it was pleasing to my eye (yes, this can take half an hour, lol :-)) )

Then I glued some teeny tiny stars onto the background for the extra cute bling.

A grey card base was the appropriate color to frame my card - voilà. I hope you like it as much as I do!


Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!



Crafty hugs,








Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.