Monday, October 15, 2018

Basteltraum's Challenge #70: Fall/Halloween



Hello, fellow crafter!


Are you enjoying fall as much as I do?? We have such a marvelous October so far, a lot of sunshine and all the pretty colors on the trees are making me so happy!!!

So that's why I only stuck with the theme "fall", even though you can choose from Halloween and/or fall for the current bastel-traum challenge.

As I always need baby cards, I decided to make a autumnal baby card with its typical fall colors... The background is made of kraft cardstock and stamped with a wooden background stamp by Lawn Fawn and some dye ink, also by Lawn Fawn. I love this tone on tone look and it really looks like a piece of wood, right? :-)

I stamped some images from the stamp set "Mom + me", also by Lawn Fawn, which is perfect for baby cards because one owl holds its baby in its wings, so adorable!

I colored the owls with Copic markers and the treeds are sponged with Distress Oxides. Also the background got a little Oxides treat :-)

I diecut the background with a dotted rectangle die and diecut a circle, also with dotted stitching details on it. I adhered the inside of the circle, the grass part, with foam tape to achieve a bit of depht to the scene. The sky is glued with regular liquid glue, like all other parts, too.

the "welcome" die is by Paper Smooches and I diecut it twice - one time from vanilla cardsstock and one time from dark brown fun foam to give it a dimensional feel. I glued the sentiment down with Multi Matte Medium - I just love that stuff! You don't see any excess in case you put too much glue on it.

So I just had to adhere my panel onto a card base, which is a standard European A6 size card. I bought it with this pretty wavy edge in a local craft store around my area. I love the color, it is something in between of vanilla and off white.

I hope you got inspired and will play along with us!

Crafty hugs,



2 comments

  1. ADORABLE! I love these owl stamps and you set them on a perfect background ...i love your use of the wooden paper the landscape gives a beautiffuly colored opening <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.