Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Basteltraum's challenge #56: Anything goes


It is the 15th of the month again and this means a new fun challenge is starting over at Basteltraum's blog!

And this time you are TOTALLY free of what you come up with because anything goes!!! YAY!

I definitely did my doctorate with this card, lol. Well, I blame myself because I could have done it way easier... but let's begin from scratch :-)

Lawn Fawn released this year an amazing diecut set called "Magic Color Slider". It is a huge set which allows you to create beautiful color slider cards. All pieces you need for it are included in this diecut set. Lawn Fawn has a nice intro tutorial where you can see a step by step tutorial how the mechanism has to be assembled. So... I did my magic color slider card with the adorable pirate set, also by Lawn Fawn. I stamped and masked a little scene onto a piece of cardstock and stamped the exact same scene on a piece of acetate again (including masking! this was quite a bit tricky :-)) ). Then I colored the scene with colored pencils and assembled the whole mechanism together. So when you are now pulling the kraft cardstock slider, the color will be revealed like magic because the acetate and the colored piece are layered on top of each other. How cool is that?! I barely could stop playing :-))

Then I stamped the sentiment on a banner stamp and embellished it with several flowers and leaves. A little anchor diecut out of my stash and a piece of red and white striped patterned paper finished off my design. As the interactive part is super cool, the card itself doesn't need a lot of additional embellishments.

This kind of card might be a bit more time consuming - but trust me, totally worth it! Color slider cards are SO MUCH FUN!! :-)

I hope you will play along - you have to - because anything goes! :-)

See you there and happy crafting!

Hugs,




2 comments

  1. Liebe Tina
    Das ist ja eine tolle Karte. Und mit Video! Klasse. Ich hab die Stanze auch und bereits ein Erstlingswerk hinter mir, macht total Spass (und süchtig...)!
    Bis bald und liebe Grüsse Britta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Tina,
    deine Slider-Karte ist großartig geworden. Super das du auch noch ein Video dazu gemacht hast.
    Alles Liebe Laura

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.